What is X Rebirth?
10%

Total votes: 90

MrBubble
x4

The global goal for the player

Post by MrBubble » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 10:18

Greetings to all.
I would like to appeal to game developers.

When you will give a global goal to the player in the game? Such as the destruction of enemy stations and capture sectors. At the moment, it is possible only to shoot a lot of NPCs, that constantly spawn.

Give to the player a chance to win this war. It will be really interesting and challenge. After all, on the site of the destroyed enemy, you can build your own empire.

I understand, that the implementation of this idea is very difficult, but in the end, this is X Rebirth. In a functional patch this will not fit, but take this idea for the next DLC, thank you for your attention, I hope you turn your eyes on this post.

I have a lot of ideas in the implementation for the gameplay, and I'm ready to share them with you.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 10:25

Agreed, a full endgame would take the X series to the next level. Litcube has managed to pull something similar off in X3AP.

If they could figure out a way to do it with trade as well even better. I imagine a hostile takeover/espionage to take over an NPC corp.

Kaldo
x3tc

Post by Kaldo » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 14:49

Yup, something similar to the system in Mount and Blade would be awesome - basically a world-wide AI managing armies/fleets for specific factions, and occasionally declaring war between them depending on the current economical and military strength, while you're just an independent contractor/mercenary or a sworn vassal to them.

Add some station raids where you don't have to completely destroy them to win a fight (which would also be great for player stations and NPC fleets - you don't want enemy fleets to completely destroy player stations after just one lost fight), maybe station capture/destruction and AI rebuilding stations and you have a universe war going on!

froggyluv

Post by froggyluv » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 14:55

I've yet to ever go deep into this game but the above bums me out if true. So basically all enemies are just spawned irregardless of a factions economy thereby making it impossible to ever put a dent in them?

Thats pretty much the antithesis of sandbox gaming and the reason many of us play those games -effect the world (or galaxy/universe) in any way we see fit and watch realtime outcomes.

Probably why I play so much M&B/Warband..

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 15:34

Some moments I think, spawn off the enemy ships in the captured sector. And for his return to the corporation will be appearing invasion fleet. Whose task will return the captured by player sectors...

The player will have a large fleet of meaning that will be needed to protect the captured sectors.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 16:38

Iam a trader/outlaw and I don't find this a good idea.

If Rebirth was a combat-only game, then I would agree.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 17:00

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Iam a trader/outlaw and I don't find this a good idea.

Are you serious? We can build, think, trade ... And where is the fight? Or endless shooting NPCs that spawn and have a fight?

No one is suggesting to get rid of trade ... But, the battle is now completely meaningless, and it is under no goals ... In a galaxy, is a war, that no one can win, and so on to infinity ...

You can rebuild all sectors, you will have a lot of money and a huge fleet .... And what you'll do with it ?? Trade, not a global goal, it does not make sense. War can give this trade makes sense.

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 17:14

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Iam a trader/outlaw and I don't find this a good idea.

Make "Winnable War" a toggle on gamestart. Then those who like the idea can run with it, and those who don't can ignore it completely.
Someone please make a transaction history mod. Please. (I'm begging you.)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 17:48

It should be simple as hell.

Make some more destroyable stations like PMC Overwarch and one big destroyable PMC HQ. They should constantly spawn some ships sent to attack you or other faction (like HoA, Canteran) similar outpost and HQs.

Destroying outpost will stop the spawn, destroying the HQ will make faction to surrender.

Outpost should be big, medium and small - big should be like Overwatch, small should be lightly defended and spawn less ships.

HQ should be a monster that you shouldn't engage without couple of Arawns and support fleet.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 17:54

I have enough money to buy a couple of destroyers, but I'm still thinking what to do with them. I don't feel like starting an unwinnable war with a anyone.

It doesn't have to be a gamestart. You should be able to start a war with a faction at any time. As long as you can annihilate them completely.
If all factions have a general you can contact to declare war. Or to help with war against another faction.

Kaldo
x3tc

Post by Kaldo » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 18:11

Ideally you'd have the option to play as a pacifist. If you don't want to play as an empire, just work as a freelance capitalist and be neutral / liked by everyone. If you start an military empire however, other factions will start forming alliances and maybe even declare war on you if you venture too much into their territory or something like that.

I mean, if M&B did it in 2008 I don't think it's unreasonable to hope a 2014 game has it, especially a game that boasts with empire building and space warfare as it's primary features. You could argue economy is a primary feature but since it's very artificial and doesn't serve any purpose in the universe (build stations so you get money to build more stations?), I'd say that is a tool/a playground, not an end game goal.

DorianEU

Post by DorianEU » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 18:52

We can write whatever we have in mind , but a lot depends on the willingness of developers.

If you want to get your ideas assimilated in the game , then be prepared to pay the hands of masters.

It is not easy.

The rebuilding or upgrading ideas in the concept design, for example, Interior of kitchen. It is not simple.

Therefore appreciate being in this case was much more difficult.

My employer often comes with ideas ( alter this , add it ) , he thinks it's easy , and I have to do the whole reconstruction. Very FUBAR :D

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 19:17

Kaldo wrote:Ideally you'd have the option to play as a pacifist. If you don't want to play as an empire, just work as a freelance capitalist and be neutral / liked by everyone.

Actually doing a pacifist (mailny outlaw) playthrough right now.
Started a fresh new game yesterday (freeplay gamestart), sold weaponry and missiles from Skunk.
Been flying around, buying items for under-avarage price, and selling for over-avarage (focusing on Black-marketeers).
Been playing for three hours - currently have 5 millions in my pocket. Decent enjoyement.

X Rebirth finally has proper piracy since 3.0, I was looking forward to this for quite a long time.
Can't wait to do a non-lethal heist, hacking a station and stealing the high-tech stuff.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 19:48

I've always wanted destructible stations, so that I can roll over pmc :-D
Editing posts since long before I remember.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 20:12

This game always missed a real opponent - an entity that can catch up with the player, has to obey similar restrictions, and has about the same action set as us.
It would not hurt anyone either if player could subdue this entity with military and/or economic power, or just coexist with it (doing missions and trades for it perhaps).
It has to be able to expand just as the player, and steal trade opportunities - and maybe then let the player do them for less profit as a subsidiary or such.
But expansion would be the key - as everything is so static without that.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 20:30

mr.WHO wrote:It should be simple as hell.

Make some more destroyable stations like PMC Overwarch and one big destroyable PMC HQ. They should constantly spawn some ships sent to attack you or other faction (like HoA, Canteran) similar outpost and HQs.

Destroying outpost will stop the spawn, destroying the HQ will make faction to surrender.

Outpost should be big, medium and small - big should be like Overwatch, small should be lightly defended and spawn less ships.

HQ should be a monster that you shouldn't engage without couple of Arawns and support fleet.
Once wrecked, you can claim it and repair it.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 21:42

Strange, I was just thinking about this today.

X Rebirth have nothing in terms of end game.

Once you have your Devries chain set up, stations that sell whatever in AL/OL, and some ships to protect them, what more is there? Build more stations and buy more ships ad infinitum?

There's no point in building a large fleet, unless one is hellbent on staying in Maelstrom killing spawned ships.

Here's a thought:
What if the Xenon in Maelstrom invaded and did something similiar what Team Litcube have set up?

What if building a massive production chain now fueled a desparate bid to hold off the Xenon hordes?

That would truly be epic, and also a ripoff from Litcube Universe. So Egosoft would need to be original if they were to implement something like this. Khaak? Warhungry Terrans?

I like XR now, devs have made a decent job correcting the nosedive from 1.0, but still it feels like a potemkin village in some respects. Add a foe that eventually have to be dealt with, more depth, more... life!
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 22:04

There is no End game in a sandbox game. You want to steam roll all factions? You can do that if you put the effort into it. You want to just trade and build an economic empire, the option is there for you. Playing as a freelancer taking missions and just keeping it small, yes you can.

Setting the goal for total domination just makes the game too one directional, I will be happy if it could be achieved by means of building/trading/fighting on their own, but still a long way from that.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Kaldo
x3tc

Post by Kaldo » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 22:05

I dunno... This is all good stuff but we don't even have a way to manage simple fleet. My latest ragequit was when I tried to attack a Titurel with 3 Taranises. 3 things happened:

1. They missed and shot a nearby station. It turned red and I was at -30 with Cantera Republic because of that :/

2. Then they kept shooting the station instead of the target because it was closer - even after I told them to attack the Titurel (with new broadcasts) multiple times.

3. Taranises had heavy damage but not from enemies, no! They shot each other. Taranis 1 parked in front of Taranis 2's guns and he kept shooting T1 in the back during the whole fight.

And will all this, broadcast is a separate entity and can't even use all the commands that are already in the game. You can't broadcast to ships that they need to refuel, you can't broadcast to other wings, subwings or anything. And apparently, even one of the two commands in it don't work - attack objects is just "attack nearest hostile".

You can't even target specific subsystems on target ship because they can't hit a stationary target! They use missiles and drones, and miss a ship I'm trying to board, instead of the capital field generator they shoot the hull ... So what is the point of fleets then if I have to do everything by myself...

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 22:18

santi wrote:There is no End game in a sandbox game. You want to steam roll all factions? You can do that if you put the effort into it. You want to just trade and build an economic empire, the option is there for you. Playing as a freelancer taking missions and just keeping it small, yes you can.

Setting the goal for total domination just makes the game too one directional, I will be happy if it could be achieved by means of building/trading/fighting on their own, but still a long way from that.
Its nort about steamroll, and world domination imo - but a challenging opponent, who can do about the same as the player. Or anything else that can present some challenge and pressure if player chooses to confront it.
A good sandbox should offer goals to sink player resources into, if it's only about growing without any trick then it gets boring pretty quickly.

@Kaldo: Uhh.. this was with 3.0 release?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”