7.0 Beta 5 Stranded Start keep falling through airlock

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Treycore

7.0 Beta 5 Stranded Start keep falling through airlock

Post by Treycore » Thu, 9. May 24, 04:00

I have attempted the stranded start in Beta 4 7.0 and fell through the 2nd airlock into the unknown and once again in Beta 5 but this time I was pushed me right outside the 2nd airlock unable to move stuck in the wall.

I do not have a save as I just ragequit right after both times but I would like to play the stranded start again sometime.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 7.0 Beta 5 Stranded Start keep falling through airlock

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. May 24, 05:58

You're playing the beta version of the game, so when you have a problem, it should be reported in the beta forum following the rules at the top of that forum. And rather than "ragequit" because of a problem, you should document the issue and make plenty of saves. The whole purpose of Egosoft releasing a beta version for players to try out is to uncover and solve problems like this.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Daemonjax
x4

Re: 7.0 Beta 5 Stranded Start keep falling through airlock

Post by Daemonjax » Thu, 16. May 24, 23:27

That problem has been in the game since forever -- it's not a 7.0 beta issue.

The trick is to approach those doors perfectly and slow enough so that the script properly positions you before the doors open. Otherwise, you'll fall through the floor/get stuck in a wall/get trapped in between the station geometry.

Once you get your starter ship (like 5 minutes into the game), falling through the floor ceases to be a game-breaking issue because you can just hit shift+d and teleport back into it. However, at those doors, you have to start completely over. Not exactly beginner friendly.

Also, when you exit that starting area (wormwood scrubs) to get into what will become your starter ship, if you exit the final tube too quickly it'll cause a physics explosion and launch you away from the station. If you know it's coming, you can slam the stop button and recover. But if you're maybe thinking it's a scripted event and just wait for something to happen on its own to fix it... may as well start over. Funny, but not exactly beginner friendly.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”