Player transactions in debug log

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Boronenkumpel
x4

Player transactions in debug log

Post by Boronenkumpel » Wed, 8. May 24, 20:19

Hi everyone,

i own a Saitek X52Pro an the various plug-ins for it's MFD (including the old X3_x52.exe) inspired me to create something similar for X4.
For this, i need to get a bunch of information out of the game, preferably without modifying it.

My initial thought was to parse the debug logs, but from what i can see, most player actions (apart from conversations and crew assignments of all things :gruebel: )
do not show up there. My current launch command looks like this:

Code: Select all

-scriptlogfile scriptlog.txt -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt -skipintro
Is there a way to get more detailed info on player actions (credit balance, transactions, location, ...) ?
(I guess an API would be too much to hope for :( )
I know the save contains the relevant logs, but parsing that is always going to lag the actual game by up to autosave interval.

If not, i might have to build a mod that introduced the required debug_text statements, but that would probably be A LOT, and is likely to become (at best) inaccurate or (at worst), break with every patch

Thanks in advance :)
Religious wars happen when grown-ups start quarreling about who has the coolest imaginary friend

RIP XOA

Boronenkumpel
x4

Re: Player transactions in debug log

Post by Boronenkumpel » Wed, 8. May 24, 20:32

Of course i find the X4 Rest API project right* after i post this,
and Exi (who built the original X3_x52 project) is already on it^^

I guess my problem has found it's solution, al though i would still be curios as to my original question,
since that is probably a more user-friendly approach than requiring them to inject a third-party DLL into their game
Religious wars happen when grown-ups start quarreling about who has the coolest imaginary friend

RIP XOA

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”