7.0 1-4 Fleet Subordinates do not stay with leader when given attack command on target in different sector

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Berhg
x4

7.0 1-4 Fleet Subordinates do not stay with leader when given attack command on target in different sector

Post by Berhg » Wed, 8. May 24, 14:00

I typically use small groups of 4-6 M ships in fleets to hunt down SCA minotaurs. In all previous versions of the game I'd give the attack command to the fleet leader and the subordinates would stay close to the leader and attack the target with the leader.

In 7 beta this behavior is the same when the target is in the same sector. ***But if the target is in a different sector the subordinates will receive a fly and wait command and slow fly to the gate.*** The leader will use travel drive normally to get to the target. This causes the subordinates to not be with the leader when the leader attacks the target.

I've done a tiny bit of testing to see if other subordinate settings and ship classes are affected. L and S ships behave the same way. Subordinates set to Attack, Defend, and Mimic behave the same way.

Of each member of the fleet is give the the attack command as a group (as opposed to just giving the fleet leader the attack command), then the fleet arrives to the target at roughly the same time.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”