[bug] budget game start progress totaly gone

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Halpog
x4

[bug] budget game start progress totaly gone

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 06:50

yesterday all was ok , and today all the progress from budget game start is totaly gone.
i did not change anything except i went to sleep and turned off my PC ....

erm what happened here ?
Attachments
budget gs gonee.jpg

HeinzS
x4

Re: [bug] budget game start progress totaly gone

Post by HeinzS » Thu, 9. May 24, 07:04

your progress might have been overwritten by Steam Cloud / OneDrive, switch it off and start an advanced game.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 07:15

HeinzS wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 07:04
your progress might have been overwritten by Steam Cloud / OneDrive, switch it off and start an advanced game.
steam cloud is off always was off.

as i said 3 days ago i startet new game with budget game start and my normal progress. turned off PC , and now all is gone.
no idea if this is related to beta 5 patch. but before all was good could start new games like always , even with custom game starts for budget game start

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 07:20

when i switch back from beta to nromal game 6.20 everything is gone also ....

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. May 24, 08:54

There are two possible causes for this.

If you were previously using an unmodified game and are now using mods (or vice versa), then that would explain it. Progress for budget purposes for modified games is stored in a different file to that for unmodified games. In this case, going back to how you were playing the game previously will restore your budget.

The other possibility is a Steam Cloud issue, as suggested by the previous person who replied. This would be a Steam issue rather than a game issue.

Either way, you can also solve the problem, as the previous person who replied also explained, by simply loading up one of your older savegames with lots of progress in it. You don't have to continue playing that game; just loading it up will be sufficient to restore the budget. You can then go back to your new game, without losing any budget for new budget custom games.

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:01

Halpog wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 07:15
HeinzS wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 07:04
steam cloud is off always was off.
Your progress is saved in userdata_signed.xml and this file has probably been deleted or overwritten by a cloud service. :gruebel:

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:22

userdata_signed.xml
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
userdata.xml
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
booth files dosent look like they are overwritten

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:28

on the other side. i still have a game where i startet with budget game start, with the normal budget game start progress. even when i save this game and load it. the progress i had before should normaly be there again, but thats not happening also. i mean for example the plots....
i made all plots in multipple game plays only earlking and terraforming and this vigor syndicate stuff i did not.
when i load the game now and keep playing and save 30 mins later, the progress of this game should be counted for the budget game start, but even this is not happening

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:38

Got same issue as OP, loaded an advanced unmodified save as advised (which is a budgeted start), but still can only launch a minimum budgeted start after I return to the menu screen. Vanilla game as well.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. May 24, 10:21

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 08:54
There are two possible causes for this.

If you were previously using an unmodified game and are now using mods (or vice versa), then that would explain it. Progress for budget purposes for modified games is stored in a different file to that for unmodified games. In this case, going back to how you were playing the game previously will restore your budget.

The other possibility is a Steam Cloud issue, as suggested by the previous person who replied. This would be a Steam issue rather than a game issue.

Either way, you can also solve the problem, as the previous person who replied also explained, by simply loading up one of your older savegames with lots of progress in it. You don't have to continue playing that game; just loading it up will be sufficient to restore the budget. You can then go back to your new game, without losing any budget for new budget custom games.
thats the point i did not use any mods in beta 7.because its useless a moddified game dosnt count to the progress for a budget game start after all
and loading a previous one did not helped also , after loading , playing 1 hour and than saving the budget game start was sill like 0 ... no money no reputation, no nothing.
i also tryed to copy the signed file from a backup ( before starting beta 7 ) folder to the beta folder. and even this is not working
( i made a copy of the documats/egosoft folder before i startet beta 7 just to avoid confusion since the file is there)

steam client error.. well i dount it since i never use for any game the cloud shit and never turned it on its off since years because i had a lot of toruble with the perma saves to cloud shit with ghost recon breakpoint and turned it of.since than i never turned it on again .

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Fri, 10. May 24, 07:13

Have you checked the installation on steam?

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 10. May 24, 14:45

As mentioned earlier in the topic, got same issue as OP, dunno how to solve it.

Tried reloading, turned off steamcloud, but budget start is still at minimum. Never used mods for X4. Reloaded my advanced game & checked budget start, still nothing, not even after playing the save for a while, saving it & reloading it to check budget start. Game I load is an advanced game that started out as a budget game too (no modified tag on it)

I used it in the past to create various starts for myself (usually changing various reps / start locations). Hope someone has an idea what it could be.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Fri, 10. May 24, 15:01

Can you try logging into egosoft in-game? I honestly dont know if it'll work, but I seem to recall after I logged into egosoft in-game my budget went up and story missions that I did in the past also came back. I didn't have the same issue as you though, as my budget wasn't completely at the new level, but I seem to recall logging into egosoft in-game restored story states at least. I could be mis-remembering, but I can't think of anything else to try atm.

You can login to egosoft in-game by going to settings menu > online features

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. May 24, 15:08

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 14:45
Reloaded my advanced game & checked budget start, still nothing, not even after playing the save for a while, saving it & reloading it to check budget start. Game I load is an advanced game that started out as a budget game too (no modified tag on it)
Please check that the X4 folder in Documents\Egosoft has not somehow become read-only (windows does this sometimes, but we've no idea why), and that your antivirus software is not preventing the game from writing to it.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:08

SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 15:01
Can you try logging into egosoft in-game? I honestly dont know if it'll work, but I seem to recall after I logged into egosoft in-game my budget went up and story missions that I did in the past also came back. I didn't have the same issue as you though, as my budget wasn't completely at the new level, but I seem to recall logging into egosoft in-game restored story states at least. I could be mis-remembering, but I can't think of anything else to try atm.

You can login to egosoft in-game by going to settings menu > online features
i logged out and in again, and somehow this was setting my progress at least back to arround 50% for storys and for research and money
HQ plot is done with dal busta now, but paranide story is not fisnihed ( have to build the RDD base again ) split is not finished anymore and yaki not even startet for example. and noney went up from 56k to at least 55 million
seems like it will be a verry long weekend with x4.

as for the egosoft folder,its ok its not write protectet or read only

ah well seems like iam running out of options so i guess iam going back to the 5.0 progress i had and than jsut keep playing
thnx all for the help

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:59

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 15:08
Please check that the X4 folder in Documents\Egosoft has not somehow become read-only (windows does this sometimes, but we've no idea why), and that your antivirus software is not preventing the game from writing to it.
Cheers for the advice. Checked if this was the issue & it all was good. Also logged out & back in the egosoft online ingame per advice above (and it helped the OP but not me, still on minimum budget start)
Started the 'Accomplished Scientist' start & played around on it to make time pass to try & progress the budgeted start, but no progress (cannot select HQ unlock on budgeted start)

Added my userdata files to the post, maybe it can reveal what is happening? (last change was on 3 may 2024 for signed data & 4 januari for normal user data).
Attachments
userdata.xml
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
userdata_signed.xml
(5.59 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Fri, 10. May 24, 18:00

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 16:59
Added my userdata files to the post, maybe it can reveal what is happening? (last change was on 3 may 2024 for signed data & 4 januari for normal user data).
Try starting the game offline and then load an old advanced save and try a new budget start.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:39

HeinzS wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 18:00
Try starting the game offline and then load an old advanced save and try a new budget start.
Cheers for the advice, did this & went further when it didn't work. Downgraded to 6.20 to verify it wasn't a beta 7 issue & still got the same issue. Made sure the egosoft folder is a trusted folder as well to assure it doesn't prevent overwriting files.

At this point, I doubt it is a beta issue for me & more tech support, so will post in the tech support forum now. It seems something prevents the userdata profile from updating? Or loading it into the game? So logically it should be the antivirus or windows intervening somehow, but no idea why or how.

Big thanks to all who gave advice!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”