Strange map behaviour in boarding when pods left behind follow through a gate.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Omni-Orb
x4

Strange map behaviour in boarding when pods left behind follow through a gate.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 10:38

Version 7.00 beta 5
Windows 11
DLC: All.

After boarding the Mammoth Vanguard that is closest to the ship that we fly in this save,
there are these invisible 'ships or something (Boarding pods?)' that roam in 'patterns' on the map.

If you pause the game as soon as it loads then look at the map in the same sector you can clearly see these invisible objects and if you un pause you can see them move around.
It is for sure because of boarding these 2 Mammoth Vanguards where some pods are left behind because the Mammoths travel drive away,
to be clear most pods made it to the target Mammoths,
then a few pods got left behind in both cases because the Mammoths used travel drive and the ships then changes sectors from Hatikvah's Choice I to Hatikvah's Choice III.

However with beta 7 boarding pods teleport to the ship when the ship changes sectors even if left behind, and it seems to do this bug behaviour on the map.

DxDiag: https://ufile.io/huwdtidg

Save: https://ufile.io/7yzw2o43

Screenshots:
Credence follow stars.

adeine
x4

Re: Strange map behaviour in boarding when pods left behind follow through a gate.

Post by adeine » Thu, 9. May 24, 15:10

This has been in the game for years, it tends to happen when the target manages to escape into another sector and the pods try to follow. What seems to happen is that the boarding pods somehow glitch out and get teleported away in a state where they are 'glued' to the gravity well of their target and will circle around it. They'll slowly try to move towards it, and as the target turns the pods stay fixed in relation to it (at a great distance, thus causing the circle pattern). Sometimes it fixes itself after many hours (if they teleport close enough to the ship to make it or it is destroyed), but it can get incredibly glitchy if the distance becomes greater and greater.

I think this may have the most recent report of this, but I can no longer access the topic so I can't be sure.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Strange map behaviour in boarding when pods left behind follow through a gate.

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 11. May 24, 17:46

adeine wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 15:10
This has been in the game for years, it tends to happen when the target manages to escape into another sector and the pods try to follow. What seems to happen is that the boarding pods somehow glitch out and get teleported away in a state where they are 'glued' to the gravity well of their target and will circle around it. They'll slowly try to move towards it, and as the target turns the pods stay fixed in relation to it (at a great distance, thus causing the circle pattern). Sometimes it fixes itself after many hours (if they teleport close enough to the ship to make it or it is destroyed), but it can get incredibly glitchy if the distance becomes greater and greater.

I think this may have the most recent report of this, but I can no longer access the topic so I can't be sure.
This explains exactly what i was thinking, thanks for wording it. I may have seen something similar before.
However i thought it was a beta 7 glitch cause now the pods teleport to the target when it leaves the sector even when the pods are over half a sector away from the target being boarded instead of the pods trying to follow at slow speed and using gates.

Something that might be connected to it is being able to keep a target after it switches sectors making it be several hundreds of Km away however still getting information on it as a target as if its in the same sector.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”