Closure of The Commander's Space Station

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Commander Jamieson
x2

Closure of The Commander's Space Station

Post by Commander Jamieson » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:51

Hi, I would like to inform you all that due to ill health over the past year or so I can no longer manage, update and continue my web site on

www.the-commander.com

and the X2-The Thread content on it. This is also the reason why there is no X3-Reunion content there.

With sadness I came to this decision but such is life!

Thank you all for the support in the past, it had been a roller coaster ride since X Beyond the Frontier and had formed a very large part of my life.

I will still peek every now and then into this forum, not as much as I would like to, so you all behave :D

I make this post a sticky for a week so it does not get buried in all the new X3-Reunion posts.

Thank you all!

Herbert aka Commander Jamieson
Last edited by Commander Jamieson on Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:20, edited 2 times in total.

cavscout1739
x2

Post by cavscout1739 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:58

Commander Jamieson,

Your website was one of the best ways to learn how to play X2, learn about the backstory and communicate with other X-fanatics.

I wish you well!

-Cav
"Everyone remember where we parked the ship."

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:59

I am very very sorry to hear about your health Issues :( CJ, I know you havent been around for a while but you will be missed the ship mods you did for tutorial ideas were inspirational and your site has always been very useful, all the best and takecare :)

**Edit**

Forgot to say without your mission by mission tutorial I would never have finished X2 so thanks for that aswell :)
Last edited by TSM on Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:03

Just simply one of the biggests fans since day one, your site has been a resource used often by myself and many others. When I first played X-Btf, I was stuck out in the depths of Africa with at best 15 minutes internet connection a week. CJ's site was the first place I ever went to.

Get well soon!
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:04

Your site was one of those that I used way back in the X-BTF days. Without it I might never have become quite so deeply involved in the games. It, and you, will be missed.

Vulture
x3

Post by Vulture » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:11

Like alot of bods here i went to your site alot back in the days of X-Gold and then X2, thanks for all the pointers.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing ill health, wishing you all the very best.

Vulture (aka Nobby).

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:12

Many times I used your site during XT and X2, most useful resource I could find.

Best wishes from me and I look forward to seeing you on these forums whenever you can.

Take Care CJ
Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) - HyperX Beast 32GB PC3-17100C11 2133MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:13

What is there to say? CJ, you were fantastic, in so many ways. I hope you get through whatever life is sending your way and still get time to enjoy wha the next generation of X-ers produce to fill the void.

*salutes*
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:13

Your site was the first and most often fan site visited by me and remained up there in my heart and mind ever since. It was responsible for keeping me in the game and be inspired to contribute in my own small way. You and your site since XBTF, put me here today, you and it will be sadly missed.
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

SoothSayer
x4

Post by SoothSayer » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:14

Your website was a great tool for all of us. I personally used it time and time again. I can't imagine deleteing it from my Favorites folder. (its been there a long time.)

Good luck to you. Don't forget to stop in and say hello now and again.

SS
Last edited by SoothSayer on Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Malcolm (Cyteen)
x3

Post by Malcolm (Cyteen) » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:17

Many thanks for all the help and inspiration Commander. Could not have come so far without your guidance.

I hope you will pop back from time to time, we will miss you.

Cyteen out
“What is the meaning of it, Watson?” said Holmes solemnly as he laid down the paper. “What object is served by this circle of misery and violence and fear? It must tend to some end, or else our universe is ruled by chance, which is unthinkable. But what end?"

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:19

Like the others sorry to hear of your ill health. Your site was always the first to visit when I was stuck or latterly for the excellent content. Thought your 'enhanced' Elite was a great design.
Get well soon and keep us on our toes Commander. :wink:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

Henkie
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x4

Post by Henkie » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:22

There are no words for it :(

XenonBuster
x3

Post by XenonBuster » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:22

take care CJ and get well soon
can't say much more than repeat what others have said

Dark_Knight
x3tc

Post by Dark_Knight » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:22

I can't count the times I've went to your site.
I want to thank you for creating and hosting it for me and everyone
else.

I wish you well, and I will not forget.

Bill
[ external image ]Lets agree to disagree!

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:25

Sorry to hear about this CJ but i hope you get better and all the best for the future

Pandion
x3tc

Post by Pandion » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:29

Good Luck for the future CJ, your site as other's have said was a great resource and I shall miss not being able to use it for X3 (when I get my hands on it)

Daniel.R.Olivar
x3

Post by Daniel.R.Olivar » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:29

Sad to hear this
I just want do say THX for all. (I remember the Xbtf days)

Best of luck and get well soon.
Alle Wege führen zu XOL

Dutchman
x2

Post by Dutchman » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:31

I'm very sorry to hear you're shutting down your website CJ, but I guess you're as sorry as any of us.
You're health is much more importand though and I hope that you'll get better soon.
All the best CJ, your contribute to the X community was/is huge and you and your website will be missed by many.

With regards,
Dutchman

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 23:35

It was your site that pointed me in the direction of XBTF way back when, and if it hadn't been for your site I'd probably still be looking for a brick wall in Argon prime after the destroyer told me to "fly to the wall" :roll:

good luck with the future.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”