[TC] Wing formation, so ships don't crash

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stambo
x4

Wing formation, so ships don't crash

Post by stambo » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 21:18

I'm wondering what would be the best formation for my ships in a wing to put them in, so they don't crash into stuff. It has become really annoying, I have them on delta, changed it to Xdelta for a time, but it was much worse.

Also I have them on follow me most of the time, although protect me seems to be the same in terms of crashing.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 00:09

When on orders to follow you set the formation to line.
Then you'll have then flying along nicely in single file.
I have had very few losses with this formation.

stambo
x4

Post by stambo » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 02:09

Thank you, will try it out right away, though I have expanded my fleet quite nicely, so it's gonna be a pretty big line (all crap ships in it though :)).

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 02:14

STEAM or DVD version?
:paranid:~Lonowski~

stambo
x4

Post by stambo » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 04:15

Steam, but why does it matter?

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 10:51

what is with the stupid dumbass fascination of asking wot version people are running for simple questions like this
i really wish steam didnt exist lmao
does anyone know if ego are gona release any advanced wing commands as the game seems 2 be lacking them
wing losses are very high right now and its driving me mad!!!! :evil:

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 14:01

paulms1980 wrote:what is with the stupid dumbass fascination of asking wot version people are running for simple questions like this
Just curious if he was running a pirates version really, clumsy/crashing AI is a feature when you steal. As he didn't steal it, my next question would be 'any mods' or difficulty installing the steam version? These can lead to unforseen malfunctions as well. So much for 'stupid dumbass fascination'. Try thinking before you jump to conclusions.
As for your question on wing commands, why not start a new thread, or search the forum, there are plenty of threads on this topic.
:paranid:~Lonowski~

stambo
x4

Post by stambo » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 14:49

There were no problems with the installation, nor do I have any mods/scripts installed. Poor collision control for AI seems to be a *feature* of the game. Anyway I gave up on the AI and just bougth a better ship, it can do most of the stuff I need.

Also I registered the game, so that you can plainly see it is not a pirate version :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”