Guild Wars: X Universe Guild Created - Join Now!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 20:05

that sucks, i haven't lost anything :D

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 01:29

Yeah, those pesky runes don't always salvage from your armor. That stinks.

I bought a poisoner's bow from a guy for around 2,000 just because I wanted the string. Normally you can buy a string for about 400-500 but I just couldn't find anyone and I had to have it. Can you guess if the string salvaged?

Vote For the Hall!
Also, since we're on the verge of having a home of our own, I've added a section to the front post where we'll be voting for which type of hall to purchase. We can wait until everyone who is at Lion's Arch and wants to vote has voted. You can vote for as many as you like, but you can only vote for each kind once :)
For example, I like both the warrior's and wizard's isles, so I'll vote one for each.
The island with the highest number of votes at the end will win. If you aren't there yet, hurry up and make it to Lion's Arch so you can decide which one you like and get your vote counted.
Sound ok?

Feel free to vote in one of two ways:
  • #1 just post here with which island(s) you like

#2 if you want to vote anonymously, you can send me a pm and I'll tally your vote and then promptly destroy the evidence :)
I'm starting to get excited. :)
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 09:34

One Vote for Wizard Island from me!

Missed you again! Damn it was 07.50 but you snicked out 22 mins before! Will try to get you at the weekend.

Had a small help, got a Rune of Minor Vigor back and found/sold a rune of superior energy storage for 2500. Still want my Major vigor back!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 12:53

Hi all!

I finished the game last night... well this morning...

I had done the second last mission with areally good group, and it was getting late, but the reminants of the group decided to go for the last...

We did it on our second atempt... with no monk!

My god! It was amazing! Well pulled off one of the longest and toughest missions in the game, perhaps ther longest and toughest, with only secondary monks, and yours truely the acting monk.

The last fight was quite hellish though, and our formation was broken,so for about half an hour we were running around like headless chikens away from
Spoiler
Show
mini titans
while the
Spoiler
Show
Lich
stood there telling us how much we sucked.

Then we finally brought it together, organised ourselves, got everyone ressurected (I think the lowest Death Penalty by the end was about 20%) And organised our defense and then a frontal assault on the last boss. Who's ass we handed to him on a plate :D

Amazing last mission and amazing last battle! A really good climax to the game!

But am I doing it again? Hell no! ><

:P

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 12:55

Lefty wrote:
muppetts wrote:DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

I collected a LV60 Elem Armour and decided to upgrade my lv 45 armour but I had to salvage back my Major rune of Vigor,ahhhhhhhhhhit got destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17,000 Gold Rune up in smoke!!! I could have cried! My Health is down to 450 and I have had a drop in Energy for a reson I cannot work out!!!
Wow, thats puts the upsettingness of loosing my only decent sword into perspective
I'll keep my eye out for another for you. :)

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 15:04

Ascension is a Nightmare! I did Dunes of Despair with Hench but Elona Reach and Thirsty are horrible with the idiot groups out there. Every group you have idiots drawing smily faces on the map, no focus fire, by now how can people not know about focus fire, no tatics ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

sorry

+Left will look out for Sword for you!

Oh I do have a question. Shields, now I am an Elem so I have no tactics...hmmm Elem Warrior, I like the idea of that, anyway..

If a 14 Armour Shield says it needs 11 tactics does this mean only warriors can use it? Does it give less protection or no protection?

Answers on a postcard please!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 16:50

Just to let everyone know, i have 13 green dye in storage if anyone needs some.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 17:10

Lefty. It depends, you need a Celestial Sigil for the hall, and you get thm at traders like the rune traders, so the price varies.

At the moment its around 66OOOG

I suggest Burienak gets the Sigil whiles its so cheap and the we can deside on the hall and trade the sigil for the hall later.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 18:58

Will anyone be able to attend the hall or just people who have ascended?

I imagine it's the later but that kind of sucks ;)
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

Farban
x2

Post by Farban » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 20:31

im Farban the Slayer in guild wars so add me as a friend on the game :D :D

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 20:47

:)

Welcome in both games.

:)

Morten
x3tc

Post by Morten » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 20:58

Hello everyone

Found this excellent link for all of us who are not very far into the game, but want to vote for the guild hall.

Screenshots

Cheers Morten (Aroth Uaron)

EDIT: After having seen the screenshots, I definitely vote for Wizard.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 21:36

Nice

Warrior and Wizard get my vote.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 21:42

Warrior gets my vote

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 22:20

I thought the warrior and wizard ones looked a bit dull personally but I was impressed with the nomad and fire ones.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 01:17

It didnt convey the Nomad one well...when you are there.. the atmosphere is too good... it feels too much like a desert and I began sweating...

Its oppressive heat... and dry... and depressing...

I really strongly dislike it and dont want it as a Guild Hall, because it depresses me too much :(

I also didnt quite depict the scale of the Wizard one... whic his quite immense :)

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 03:27

After further review now that I am home, I would vote for Hunter or Wizard.

......but since I blew my mobo it looks like, it might be a week or so before I can get back into the game.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 03:51

Ok, there's a sigil sitting in my storage as we speak.
Cost 63,432 :)
Pretty good deal I think.
If anyone wants to contribute to the 'Save the impoverished burianek fund'
I'll accept small donations, no big deal. No obligation, just if you want to chip in to feel like you helped purchase it, I'll gladly take the cash. If you have better uses for it, I really don't have anything left I need to buy, so don't worry about it.
Once we finish the votes, I'll purchase the island.
And in answer to the previous question, everyone casn visit the hall, ascended or not. The only requirement is that you can't be pre-searing. (I believe)
Other than that it will show up on everyone's map as being on one of those islands in the center of the map.
Cheers.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 10:42

Ok, I'm declaring round one of voting officially over.
Warrior's and Wizard's were running away with it neck and neck.
Since the first method of voting for more than one didn't declare a clear winner, we're going to have round two of voting. The possible choices have been narrowed to the two finalists.
You may only vote for one choice this time, so take your time, agonize a bit, and then speak your mind. :)
Once we have a clear winner, I'll purchase the island.
Cheers.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 11:44

Between those two, I'd go for wizard. Still prefer the fire island though :)

But then I am an evil git :)

(P.S I'm not going to be on much this weekend as my g/f is down from manchester - sorry ;))

Return to “Off Topic English”