Microsoft powerpoint - help required

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The_Rock
x2

Microsoft powerpoint - help required

Post by The_Rock » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 20:27

Hey all,

My first thread topic in a while but i need that 'little'bit of help with M$ Powerpoint.

I'm doing a presentation in the form of a multiple choice and was wondering what's the easiest way of showing the answers once i get to the end of my slides after showing all the questions?

i.e. I would need to get back to the first slide and at a click of a button the right answer would be highlighted and/or all the wrong answers would be crossed out etc..

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Rock

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 21:22

Been a while since I've used PP, but afaik it's possible to set each answer in a seperate box and add events to it. I don't know whether you can make it appear and disappear in one page.

As a workaround, I'd try filling up the first page (letting questions/answers appear one by one, if you want that), then make a new identical page, where the boxes you want to disappear do just that. I think you can also make an answer flash on and off, might be a nice way of pointing out the right answer.

If everything else fails, build a new page for every event. But I don't think that would qualify for the easy label.

Please note that everything I said comes from long-ago memory, and I haven't done it often, there may be flaws in my theories...

|M|
x4

Post by |M| » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 21:50

I'd say copy your first slides after the 'last' one. So it goes;

1-2-3-4-5-6-whatever-end-1-2-3 etc

Just change the second instance of the slides to what you want.

Hmm, i posted this earlier i'm sure...

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 22:15

|M| wrote:I'd say copy your first slides after the 'last' one. So it goes;

1-2-3-4-5-6-whatever-end-1-2-3 etc

Just change the second instance of the slides to what you want.

Hmm, i posted this earlier i'm sure...
That's deinitely the easiest way.

The next easiest would be to put the answer slide after the question slide but mark them not be shown. You can then set up s link (or event) to show the answer slide when you click on the correct answer. This would look better unless you accidentally activate it when asking the questions.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 22:55

i think im understanding this. :)

Either way i then need to duplicate/copy the slides then. one for questions and one for answers?

I may need to look into the event function also then..

Thanks for all the help so far chaps!!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 23:09

An 'event' is just a posh term for user input. Clicking the LMB os an event, clicking it over a specific area (can be) a different event. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well. It's probably best if you think of it more like a hyperlink.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “Off Topic English”