Star Craft II, when?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Syndrome
x3tc

Star Craft II, when?

Post by Syndrome » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 07:35

Videos have got me drooling (man this forum really needs a drooling emoticon). So I've looked around a bit and seen that possibly around Christmas time through Jan Feb may be the release date. Is this a realistic expectation and has anyone got any other idea when it'll be released.

I KNOW, no release date has been set but I think it's pretty safe to narrow it down to at least a season!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 08:33

patience, lieutenant, patience
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 08:36

Oh and is there a place where I could find out the story of the original Star Craft?

Diamonddragon
x3tc

Post by Diamonddragon » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 15:16

Maybe autumn 2008, but not earlier. About the orig. story of SC, try wiki or SC fansites.
Es ist nicht das Schicksal, was die Zukunft bestimmt.
Script- und Modliste

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 06:32

Thanks for the info. I've read the plot on the wiki site and it's all very strange to me. The Zerg are the BAD guys and the Terran and Protoss are the GOOD guys yet the Zerg pretty much win in the end.

Hmmm... The Terrans better win in SC II or I will not be a very happy Syndrome! The whole SC plot but especially the Brood War plot is all very dark and mysterious. I hope Kerrigan eventually see's the error of her ways and then we'll all be a happy family :D

......but if there wasn't all this violence, death and deciet Blizzard probably wouldn't have made as much money :(

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 07:23

The thing is, none of the races in Starcraft were exactly nice. The Terrans were a right bunch of gits, for example.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 09:43

Personally I'd prefer there not to be any blood effects. It's slightly healthier on my CPU for one and it's also just...not nice.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 10:22

pjknibbs wrote:The thing is, none of the races in Starcraft were exactly nice. The Terrans were a right bunch of gits, for example.
Actually I thought the Protoss to be nice :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 10:49

From what I read, they are the nicest race of them all, but still not very nice :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 12:40

Player. wrote: Actually I thought the Protoss to be nice :)
The Dark Templar might be classed as nice, but they were almost universally hated by the "normal" Protoss--and look how they treated Tassadar, for that matter! Frankly, the Zerg *deserved* to win against the bunch of back-stabbers.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 12:51

pjknibbs wrote:
The Dark Templar might be classed as nice, but they were almost universally hated by the "normal" Protoss--and look how they treated Tassadar, for that matter! Frankly, the Zerg *deserved* to win against the bunch of back-stabbers.
Ohh come on, they did do us the favor of destyoing planets with millions of people just to stop the spread of the zerg :roll: :D
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 12:53

Question time!

Who's your favorite race to play with? I've played the original a bit but do not own it and personally I like Terrans.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 12:57

Protoss for me, they are coool aliens ( :lol: ) and are very strong, not to mention I just love thier warp tech :)

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 13:57

Player. wrote:Protoss for me, they are coool aliens ( :lol: ) and are very strong, not to mention I just love thier warp tech :)
Addmitedly, I would probably perfer the Protoss like the other 90% of SCers if I used them first :lol:

DurAlvar
x3

Post by DurAlvar » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 04:58

Zerg and protoss for me; zerg for the zerglings (the numbers thing is fun) and protoss for the dark templars.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 04:08

It looks like I'll be getting the original SC and brood war very soon. I can't wait it looks so fun!!! It'll be nice to revive the memories of me playing constantly at my friend's place :) But alas, his brother has left since and taken his PC with him so it's been a while but I hope I can get used to it again :twisted:

This time I'll start off using toss :twisted:

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 07:31

pjknibbs wrote:
I agree with you, there is lot of back-stabbers, mostly Terran seem badly because greed, seftfish, bloodthirst, power, ect, but there are few good, same as Potress, even Zerg but only few (player) overlord or overmind are good, most overlord or overmind is bad as much as other race, badly way I see, but rest is mindless. I mean Overmind or Overlord (Player for Zerg) dont attack much as other race, (Player) has keep a Kerrigan safe, but my memory isn't good, it's been longtime. I think there will be maybe new enemy but not a new race for player, because Kerrigan said there is new danger other then all other three race.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 08:26

iirc from wikipedia that 'new danger' was the ultra-powerful Protoss/Zerg hybrids.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Mon, 2. Jul 07, 13:51

I was just looking through some magnificent fanart of WoW and Starcraft here:
http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/fanart
These works of art are truly amazing, even though I don't understand most of them as they're WoW.

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Mon, 2. Jul 07, 14:51

Rocky boy is defintely keeping an eye out for the sequel. been a while since i posted here too.

Return to “Off Topic English”