[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mike2003

Post by mike2003 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 13:51

how about abeam and dbeam parts?
its not updated too?

mike2003

Post by mike2003 » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 14:03

dbeam bug:
i drop simple f-drone
but after "dbeam" it all converts to MKII drones - cheat! )))

updated files from pack2.3 - cbeam:
i eject many containers
and start cbeam
my cargo was overloaded, but no message and all items (over full cargo) disappeared - it hide from map and from cargo!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 14:17

Dbeam was written that way.

The warning for cargo full was removed because every time you beam on a fitting or software you already have, you got the warning. It became so annoying, I removed the warning. Its up to you to know how full your cargo bay is. What doesnt fit is destroyed.

Cbeam was mainly designed for larger cargo bays for people doing salvaging as a major way of earning money. Its not much use with the cargo bay of most fighters.

Neither Abeam or Dbeam check for the cargo bay being full either.

Edit : Cbeam pack updated to v2.
documentation in post 1 updated.

Kieroshark
x3tc

Post by Kieroshark » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 13:05

Hello, sorry to bug ya. I'm slowly creeping up on finishing the hub plot and I'm looking at using your Extended PHQ Patch v3.

However, I'm not familiar with modding, and am already using Gaxx's Complex Cleaner Mod. :)

Can I just false-patch both of them into working? (one as 09 and one as 10), or do I have to start a modding career and learn how to combine "tfactories" or whatever file might conflict?

Also if I wanted to tweak the balance of your PHQ patch (Say to make it so that ships took Some credits, but less than the normal amount, or if I wanted to slow down/speed up the building times), how difficult would it be for me to do so? (keeping in mind that as yet, I have no experience modding, just in using mods/scripts)

And lastly, you said "Also builds Factories, Shields, Missiles and Guns if you script on the blueprints. "

How does one go about doing that? :)

Thanks for your time.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 13:11

Yes, CC and PHQ can be false patched together.

Read back for instructions on changing the speeds of doing things. It was covered not long ago.

For blueprints, you would need to add them using a script. Theres one in the AMS mod, if you extract it and change it to what you want to add.

Kieroshark
x3tc

Post by Kieroshark » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 13:35

Thank you, sir. :D

Guess I should have taken the time to read the whole thread before posting. :oops:

And by the way, its not particularly relevant to this thread, but I just wanted to comment that your guide/rant about unbalancing the game completely changed how I think about modding.

And not just in X3, but for Morrowind, oblivion, etc. Prior to reading that I pretty much played vanilla everything.

I'm having consideribly more fun now, so thank you very much. :lol:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 13:39

:lol:

Threads getting too big to read all of it now. :D

Glad someone liked my rant ! :)

juanitierno
xrvr

Reverting from apricots easyer hub plot

Post by juanitierno » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 15:16

hello!

Some time ago, i installed the MD files for the apricot's easyer hub plot (reduced amounts, etc).

I would like to uninstall that now, but i dont remember if i replaced the original HUB MD file (in wich case i would need a vanilla one sent to me by one of you guys :D ) or if i just added it and it overrode the default one (in wich case i can just remove the file).

Help?

Thanks!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 17:17

Its not that easy, once MD files are loaded they stick to your save, just replacing the files may not work or worse may wreck up your save game.

MFG

Ketraar

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 20:04

So one would have to add even more cues&action MD to overcome and outwit the existing and active MD state?

{A question about specific mod. [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. Merge.}

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 20:44

What if i edit the MD file with the standard amounts?

I haven't started the plot yet (dont even have the rank)... in case it matters.

Thanks!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 22:41

If the Plot did not start yet, then yes you can edit the amounts.

MFG

Ketraar

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 00:28

Actually, you can edit it on the go.

The plots refer back to the files as they go, so while you cant change the existing mission, you can change anything after it and the changes will be picked up.

In theory (I havent tried it), deleting the file added to the director folder by my zip, should revert whatever of the plot hasnt yet been done to the original. It wont effect the current mission, but the ones after should go back to the vanilla version.

If you havent started the plot, just delete the HUB file in the director folder.

As far as I can see, only the current mission and flags set so far, are stored in the save gave. When thats complete, the game references the MD file again for the next mission. Plenty of people have put in the HUB plot modifications in mid plot and had the next mission altered to demonstrate this.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 03:25

Thank you :)

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 16:51

hi apricot slice im using Your extended hq patch version 2 and ive got no recycle ability on my hq yes i have the storage space my version of terran conflict is 2.5 help please
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 14:23

Download v3.

But you will need to delete and redrop your phq from a TL for the changes to work.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 22:16

thanks solved my problem by any chances what does your phq fix do?
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 00:48

Same file, but instead of in a false patch, its a loose file for the types folder, for overriding any previous version put there.

smac1975

Post by smac1975 » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 08:58

Hi CEO from the Apricot Mapping Service,

As i told you before i admire a lot your work and dedication to this wonderfull game but i found something that is annoying me. When i started the HUB plot with your modded changes i found that the hub sector has the name of your company!! Credits to you but do you mind if i ask if is it possible to change it to the original name?

Regards,
smac1975

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 09:04

Download X3TC-Apricot-Change-Hub-Name.zip

Unzip into the TC main directory.

Go to the sub directory called t.

Edit the file 8687-L044.xml using notepad.

Find the name of the sector and change it to whatever you like.

Start game normally, the sector should have whatever name you give it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”