[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

smac1975

Post by smac1975 » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 09:46

Hi apricotslice,

i reinstalled the whole game and the scripts/spk.packages also but this time i used the cycrow's plugin manager lite. I think my problem was related to the EMP that i didn't have to install with this new plugin manager. (Before i used the X Plugin Manager 2.06)

The zz_ware_(blabla)_17 was your Apricot Software that you can buy on pirate bases, but now the name is correct (i'm dumb hehehe).

I installed your cbeam and your salvage software and the TESCG salvage suite and everything is running smoothly as it seems... so problem is solved apparently.

Thank you guys for the prompt help!

Regards,
smac1975

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 15:17

The HUB plot was again changed in v2.6.

At this point though, I'm not planning on redoing the changes to the easier versions unless some good reason emerges. (In fact the only reason I can think of is the new plot being dependent on some flag put into the hub plot, but I am hoping they didnt do that.)

FellOffTheLearningCurve

Mod to reduce resource requirements for HUB?

Post by FellOffTheLearningCurve » Sat, 8. May 10, 01:13

Is there one? I know a lot of people take a lot of pride in spending months collecting resources for the mission, but ah, I don't really want to invest that much time into it. Is there a mod that reduces the amounts required to more reasonable rates?

Also if it affected other large resource missions (like the Goner 2,000 ore one) that'd be a bonus too. I know how to collect 2,000 ore, just don't want to spend half an hour of "Jump and dock at station, jump to sector, move to ship, rinse and repeat".

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 8. May 10, 01:15

Look for 'hub' in the library sticky.

FellOffTheLearningCurve

Post by FellOffTheLearningCurve » Sat, 8. May 10, 01:19

Ah, of course. I just did 'reduce' and didn't find anything. I guess specifics work better lol.

fanatico

Post by fanatico » Sat, 8. May 10, 02:50

Davidov4
x3tc

Post by Davidov4 » Sun, 9. May 10, 01:16

Hey what cn I do to get the Hub Plot script to work if I don't have a directory folder in my X3TC folder?
Can I just make a directory folder and put the script i or not?

Cheers

FellOffTheLearningCurve

Post by FellOffTheLearningCurve » Thu, 13. May 10, 11:17

I'm wondering the same thing as David. I have the Steam X3 version which is probably the issue (I've noticed a couple of other folders that are missing in the Steam install).

Also, should we have started the HUB plot before putting in the easier version? I'm at the point where I need to collect the resources; have I gone too far?

FellOffTheLearningCurve

Post by FellOffTheLearningCurve » Thu, 13. May 10, 11:53

Actually I got it working to where it gives me the modified mission, but when I get the component and go back to the hub and dock, it never recognizes that I have the component and won't progress to the next one. I have 4 computer components in my ship, but it just sits there and doesn't update.

Davidov4
x3tc

Post by Davidov4 » Thu, 13. May 10, 20:10

For each new resource delivered to the hub you have to manually transfer it the first time.

Wargod.
x3tc

Post by Wargod. » Fri, 21. May 10, 09:55

I'm having some issues with the Dock Beam script.

I want a small fleet of TS' to dock on my TL but am having no luck. I've installed the .spk for DockBeam of the Apricot site (v1? Is that right or an older version?), but am unable to convince any docking computer equipped ships to dock on my Orca. My Current setup:

5x Dolphins with docking computers
1x Orca with nothing else docked on it
1x BeamDock script :D

I've attached all the Dolphin's to a wing, and when I tell the wing to dock at Homebase (my Orca) they indicate that as the command for a couple of seconds then go back to "none". Same if I remove one ship from the wing. Same if I try to just tell it to "dock at..."

Am I doing something wrong here? Am I using the wrong version (do I need to use CDock?)? Or is this an issue somewhere?

v2.6 X3TC, Steam.

Thanks!

rudy12345
x3tc

Problems with PHQ plot

Post by rudy12345 » Sun, 23. May 10, 02:23

Not sure if this is supposed to be in the mods and scripts forum, but i think my problem was caused by a mod.
I got frustrated with the HUB plot requirements so i installed a very easy hub plot requirement mod.
Now I'm finished with the HUB plot and to the part where i have to board an orca on the PHQ plot, but whenever i enter the sector with the orca, take down the shields, and deploy my marines, 1) my marines can't catch up with the orca, 2) as soon as i deploy my marines it tells me the orca is in a different sector.
When i jump to the other sector after about 5 minutes it takes me back to the previous one where my marines are still chasing the orca and tells me to board it again.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 23. May 10, 02:41

Have you tried using Boarding Pods or are you doing the spacewalk method?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 23. May 10, 02:46

i think the problem is that your guys cant catch up to the orca.

try boarding pods.

rudy12345
x3tc

Post by rudy12345 » Sun, 23. May 10, 03:10

thanks, i tried boarding pods but 1 got blown up on the way in and the other marines failed to crack the hull so once i train some new ones i should be able to do it

jlehtone
x4

Re: Problems with PHQ plot

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. May 10, 08:54

rudy12345 wrote:Not sure if this is supposed to be in the mods and scripts forum, but i think my problem was caused by a mod.
I got frustrated with the HUB plot requirements so i installed a very easy hub plot requirement mod.
If you do suspect that mod, then you should ask in its thread, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. Merging.

However, the "vanilla explanation" seems plausible.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. May 10, 09:40

Wargod. wrote:I'm having some issues with the Dock Beam script.

I want a small fleet of TS' to dock on my TL but am having no luck. I've installed the .spk for DockBeam of the Apricot site (v1? Is that right or an older version?), but am unable to convince any docking computer equipped ships to dock on my Orca. My Current setup:

5x Dolphins with docking computers
1x Orca with nothing else docked on it
1x BeamDock script :D

I've attached all the Dolphin's to a wing, and when I tell the wing to dock at Homebase (my Orca) they indicate that as the command for a couple of seconds then go back to "none". Same if I remove one ship from the wing. Same if I try to just tell it to "dock at..."

Am I doing something wrong here? Am I using the wrong version (do I need to use CDock?)? Or is this an issue somewhere?

v2.6 X3TC, Steam.

Thanks!
Beamdock has nothing to do with the docking computer or ordinary docking.

On the ship you wish to dock, go to command console, nav cammands, beamdock command. Select the sector and the ship to dock at.

To undock a ship, go to the command console of the ship in the docked ships list, then nav console and beam dock, select where to undock to.

Beam dock uses the transporter, not the docking computer.

apricotslice
x4

Re: Problems with PHQ plot

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. May 10, 09:43

rudy12345 wrote:Not sure if this is supposed to be in the mods and scripts forum, but i think my problem was caused by a mod.
Now I'm finished with the HUB plot and to the part where i have to board an orca on the PHQ plot, but whenever i enter the sector with the orca, take down the shields, and deploy my marines, 1) my marines can't catch up with the orca, 2) as soon as i deploy my marines it tells me the orca is in a different sector.
When i jump to the other sector after about 5 minutes it takes me back to the previous one where my marines are still chasing the orca and tells me to board it again.
Anyone know what the problem is?
That is nothing to do with the Hub plot. Thats one of the bugs in the PHQ plot.

If boarding is still nerfed in 2.6, you need the Advanced boarding script that puts your marines directly on the hull. You also need fully trained marines. Including combat training, which can only come from a script.

GBscientist
x4

Post by GBscientist » Mon, 24. May 10, 18:33

I am using the Medium HUB Plot mod and I've encountered what may be a bug. I delivered all of the Teladianium and Ore to activate the first gate pair, but it remains in the HUB's inventory and I have gotten no mission updates or messages from Mahi Ma. How long does it normally take for these items to disappear? Would it make any difference that I used an automated freighter to deliver most of the supplies?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 25. May 10, 00:45

Which ever one it is accepting should disappear in seconds. But even when 2 are showing on the mission, only 1 is accepted at a time.

It may want you to be there when each is complete.

Are sure that you completed the mission before the Talad ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”