How do you survive?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JadeNova
x3tc

How do you survive?

Post by JadeNova » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 16:44

I just flew back into the UK two days ago and decided to go shopping. My goodness how do you poor people survive over here the prices are absolutely ridiculous.

I wanted a sim card for my Ericcson T68i and they wanted £30, I just stood there in shock! :o In Asia a sim card will cost you just £2 and for enough credit to last you a couple of weeks of heavy use it is just £5.

I wanted a hotdog for lunch and stood in stunned disbelief as the shop keeper demanded £1.70. For just 70p you can walk away with a Big Mac meal in Manila.

A taxi ride home over here is £4-5 in Asia I can travel for 3 hours for that.

Someone is getting very rich somewhere and it isn't the average British Citizen!

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 17:05

You should try buying a house then (Or putting petrol in your car)

Where are you from Jedi?

Word of advice, don't buy hotdogs.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 17:22

What you have to remember though is that its everyday life for us.

Its always been this way so we dont even care anymore.

Why do you think people from the UK cant wait for there holidays so they can Pi$$ off somewhere cheap and do some shopping. Oh and warm cant forget that now

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 17:44

the whole country should go on strike and demand reasonable prices, imagine 40 million + people going on strike...Blair would HAVE to act...!

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 17:54

Right i'll get the 2 by 4's and some blank boards.

I feel a peaceful demosntration coming on.

Well as peacfull as 40 Million peaple can be anyway......

pjknibbs
x4

Re: How do you survive?

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 22:22

Jedi wrote:I just flew back into the UK two days ago and decided to go shopping. My goodness how do you poor people survive over here the prices are absolutely ridiculous.
Has it ever occurred to you that the average British citizen is paid an awful lot more than the average Asian citizen, and that money has to come from somewhere?

.SW-880
x2

Post by .SW-880 » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 22:47

£2.30 for a small hot dog at the cinema last night, was worth it though, the best hot dog i've had in years.
The things you see when you haven't got a gun!!!

WIRK

dogz

Post by WIRK » Mon, 2. Dec 02, 23:04

You guys are actually eating DOGS !!!???
try beef or pork its cheaper
no wonder hot dogs are expensive if the whole UK eats them - i think there are not much dogs left in bigger cities

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 3. Dec 02, 00:37

No one who lives in the uk buys them. Just the tourists :D
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 3. Dec 02, 02:21

What you have to remember, is that we are heavily taxed in the UK. Whether that be good or bad is another story. Although, if you want X services, all I will say, is that they have to be paid for somehow.

Anyway, businesses get taxed, they also have overheads, so that means theyput their prices up to cover costs and make a profit. After all, there is also the human costs as well. You have to pay the staff to.

That's the problem with any money based econamy, it's all linked in a chain.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”