Have you a true story to tell?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Have you a true story to tell?

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 21:24

One lovely summers day I was driving along the south coast of wellington NZ Lyall bay it is called, time was about 3pm not a cloud in the sky. travelling west.
I suddenly noticed in front of me a fluffy brownish cloud at about 2000 feet high about 50 mm diameter.(2 inches)
Because there was no other clouds( unusual 4 wellington) I stopped and watch the cloud. It slowly dissipated and suddenly I could see a small black dot which started to move horizontally to my right (NW)
it moved very slowly in aperfect straight line getting smaller until it disappeared .

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 22:04

I like banana's.

Its true!
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 22:18

Hello Chimpster2000
shame, isn't, it is so sad, do u not have any self control.
Or r u just stepping into Garys shoes?
~~~~~~~~~~ sincerely,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Patricia.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 22:20

His shoes are far too big for me to fill I'm afraid :wink:

General Antilles
x3

Post by General Antilles » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:29

Well, it was a true story, heh.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:42

Finally the Aliens have seen sence! They've stopped messing with the American's!!! And gone to New Zealand!!! I can see it now Aliens at a BBQ... playing a bit of Oz rules... and drinking the local brew...

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:45

couple of years ago in fifth form. our french teacher announced her engagement to some fella on the friday.she never came into work because she had a sore throat. so me and my mate dave where saying rude things about the teacher about what she might have been doing over the weekend. and you can guess what. so anyway my mate colin chipped in" yeah c** does burn the back of my throat"

silence for a few seconds then extreme laughter from me and dave..

true story.

General Antilles
x3

Post by General Antilles » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:49

silentWitness wrote:Finally the Aliens have seen sence! They've stopped messing with the American's!!! And gone to New Zealand!!! I can see it now Aliens at a BBQ... playing a bit of Oz rules... and drinking the local brew...
lol Seen Bad Taste at all :D

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:50

This is an unusual True story.

A few years ago I was driving on a main highway 100 kph (60 mph)
A large truck passed me going the other way about the same speed.
as it passed, there was a loud explosion (I had my window down).
About 5kms down road, I had to stop.
My driver side back tyre was flat. Reason... A long truck valve stem was embedded in side of tyre.
Valve end inside the tyre and all the air from my tyre had escaped through it.
At the gargage we tried to pull the valve stem (with pliers)out.
impossible. Had to buy a new tyre.
----------------
If you have any Unusual true stories It would be great to hear from you.
I do have a couple more, will post them soon.

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:54

lol Seen Bad Taste at all :D
Best film Peter Jackson ever made [cowers]Wait for it[/cowers]

"Dereks only gone and taken a header off the bl**dy cliff!"

lol

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 23:58

TO WHOM IT CONCERNS.
Please read at least 10 times, Thankyou.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all,
On THQ I got really sick of going to a good topic, then getting into it, then finding lots of silly comments, people bantering with each other. When they start doing it in my topics I get very upset.

Was having a think about the people who put silly inane threads (forum trash) to serious topics although I do admit they are sometimes funny.
It has been fairly well established, (so the experts say)
that people who go around spraying paint on other peoples fences and sides of buildings. (the sort of graffiti that just leaves a mess.)
They are generally people who have very low opinions of themselves and this is the only way they feel better and get some attention.
We have some in our town.
We have another lot who go round with old cars leaving wheely marks on the road.
My wheely is bigger than yours.
Is it possible that forum trash could be in the same category?
PLease go here to reply. thankyou.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=361

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 00:12

I love you Patricia, and I want to have your babies.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 00:17

Sorry Chimpster I dont have a spare to give away.
Anyway, what do you want them for?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Patricia

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 08:30

Patricia wrote:TO WHOM IT CONCERNS.

Hi all,
On THQ I got really sick of going to a good topic, then getting into it, then finding lots of silly comments, people bantering with each other. When they start doing it in my topics I get very upset.

Was having a think about the people who put silly inane threads (forum trash) to serious topics although I do admit they are sometimes funny.
that people who go around spraying paint on other peoples fences and sides of buildings. (the sort of graffiti that just leaves a mess.)
They are generally people who have very low opinions of themselves and this is the only way they feel better and get some attention.
We have another lot who go round with old cars leaving wheely marks on the road.

Agreed. If you have to fill the board with witless posts at least have the decency not to pollute other poeple's topics with it. If consenting adults want to banter in their own threads and aren't immediately embarassed once they hit the submit button, fine. But doing it in someone else's topic is just not classy, its rude, arrogant, look-at-me.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 10:59

SteveMill wrote:

Hi all,

Agreed. If you have to fill the board with witless posts at least have the decency not to pollute other poeple's topics with it. If consenting adults want to banter in their own threads and aren't immediately embarassed once they hit the submit button, fine. But doing it in someone else's topic is just not classy, its rude, arrogant, look-at-me.
Yup am with both of you on that one. How ever, this is proving to be yet another interesting exorsize. Right, I am going to travel back down memory lane and see what I can come up with to post on hear.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 11:12

Right, hear is mine as best as I can remember it because it was a very long time ago. Back when I was about 5/6 years old infact. It's more funny than strange and it's the fact that I can't see hardly which caused this to happen.

When I was younger, I used to go for anual Eye checks on my eyes because of being blind and all that. Don't bother any more, don't see the point butthat's another thread in the weighting. Anyway, after the hospital, as a treat for me, we used to go to those Happy Eater restaurants. Anybody been to/herd of them before? Many years ago and am talking near 20 years ago, they were excelent. But the reason mum and dad used to do that, was becausse one of the things they used to do was to take photographs of my eyes to see what they were doing inside. But, the camera always used a flash gun, a very powerrful one and my eyeball was less than 6 inches from it. As you can imagine, it hert like hell. Especially if a teer was brought to the eye because that just served to magnify it.

Anyway, this particular year, we went to the Happy Eater and I was sitting down weighting for dinner, and just outtside my visual range or quite away from me was this black thing. Couldn't see what it was, it made no nois, so didn't know what it was. So, in rather a loud voice as kids do, I asked mum and dad what that that big black thing was whilst pointing at it. Mum and dad were quite embarrised and reacted as such because it wasn't a thing, it was a woman!

Oh well, there we go!

Deleted User

true story

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 12:16

XX When we arrived in NZ(from UK) my sister and I had bright green hair. I was 8.
and had a hard time at school because of it.and the way we spoke (Accent).
You may ask why we had Bright green hair.
Well we stopped off in Egypt for two years and lived in Ismalia.
We spent lots of time in the school swimming pool and it was so full of clorine, it dyed our hair green.
Last edited by Deleted User on Thu, 14. Nov 02, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 12:51

Right, hear is a story about my second year at college. Or the college in Sevenoaks Kent anyway. It's rather funny.

Of an evening, there used to be or still is as far as I know, activities that you could choose to do. They had lesure activities as well as academic ones. Now as you all know, my spelling is crap. So,, one of the activities that I took part in, was spelling lessons. After all, I need them!

So, I went along thinking I would learn somethinng.

Now the main reason why I can't spell, is because I was taught grade 2 Braille. Now grade 2 is an abreviated version. So, different simbles can mean different words. Or for example, witch and which are the same simble so you don't need to know the difference.

Now I went to these spelling lessons. I got my first worksheet in Braille. Went through it, and it was in grade 2 braille. So, publically, I challanged the tutor. "what's the point in giving us spelling lessons in grade 2?" We had a bit of a tossle about that!!! Suffice to say, those lessons fell apart quite quickly!!!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 15:33

SteveMill wrote:

Hi all,

I agree with the above comments, insults, disrespect, and the desire to wreck other peoples threads seem to be a forte of this laurel and hardy act. why? it only leads to grief.

A perrenial problem which it seems has the blessings of many.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 17:47

OK a true story...

I was going along the road it's 6:20 something in the morning I'm doing about 85 MPH (err... I was overtaking officer) down the motorway, suddenly the temperature indictor rocketed, as it was winter I was rather supprised then suddenly flames billowed out of the... hole between the bonnet and the windscreen... the electronics fizzled out... I tried to break but as they were electronically controlled I got nothing :oops: Sparks were covering the road behind me, flames almost obscuring the windscreen... I was getting Very scared now... I wanted out NOW but was still doing at least 75 MPH. when smoke began to come into the car I swerved violently to slow myself down finally crashing into the barrier... just minutes after I got out the car was a burning wreck... smoke covered both lanes with a thick black smoke but people were still taring down the motorway one almost ran into my car...

The Fire Brigade arrived... very quickly but were too late to save the car! they helped my into the cab of the fire truck and treated the gash on my fore head. One of them even drove me to the hospital in his car. he didn't have to do that... And kept me company until my Sister arrived... he certainly didn't need to do that!

Nice guy's fire men...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”